Volunteer Position: Company Secretary
Initial term: One Year
Location: Home Based
Hours: 2−3 hours per week, weighted more heavily around the quarterly trustee meetings
This is an exciting time to join us as we expand our provision for the homeless and vulnerable in Milton Keynes by adding an additional site to our operations. This role provides invaluable support to enable the charity to remain on a firm footing to deliver crisis care to those who need us.
We are looking for a new volunteer Company Secretary to support and provide guidance to the WNSMK as to how the Charity’s governance should be directed and managed, in order that legal and regulatory requirements are met.
In this role you will:
- prepare agendas and papers for Board meetings, committees, AGM’s and any extraordinary meetings and to take accurate minutes and actions at these meetings;
- be responsible for training trustees and senior managers on corporate governance matters;
- ensure records held on our Charity by other bodies are up-to-date;
- submit the charity’s Annual Report and filing of end of year accounts with Companies House
- liaise with external regulators and advisers as required.
We can offer you the opportunity to work with dedicated and committed staff and volunteers.
A full job description and person specification are available to view here:
If you have excellent skills in the areas of attention to detail, influencing, organising, time management and communications then please write to Claire Connew at Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a maximum 2-page CV detailing how you meet the criteria for this role. Deadline for applications is Thursday 30th September. Candidates should be available to meet with senior representatives of the charity by mutual arrangement in early October.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our charity in this way.
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340