Our centre, Unity Park Station (401 Elder Gate, MK9 1LR) is open to provide year-round support to rough sleepers, sofa surfers, people in emergency accommodation or temporary housing, anyone at risk of homelessness, those who need support with their tenancies and others who are vulnerable.
If you need help our welfare team will meet with you to assess your needs and put a personal support package in for you. We can provide:
- practical provision including food, clothing, sleeping bags, access to showers and laundry facilities
- administrative support to access ID, eligible benefits and entitlements
- help to find longer-term accommodation and employment pathways
- well-being and mental health support including referrals to professional services such as medical and dental care, addiction counsellors and support groups
- a Community Club that provides a free café and supportive social space to find connection and combat isolation
- emergency winter accommodation from November–March (subject to government Covid restrictions).
Food Provision and Community Club
We provide hot meals and food supplies to take away. We also have clothing, sleeping supplies and toiletries available.
Monday: Food Service (10am–2pm)
Tuesday: Community Club (10am–12.30pm)
Wednesday: Community Club (10am–12.30pm)
Thursday: Food Service (10am–2pm)
Friday: Food Service (10am–2pm)
On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings we host a Community Club which is open to anyone in the community as a supportive space to find connection. Our friendly volunteers run our free Community Club cafe and provide a listening ear. We have social activities and provide free services such as hairdressing/barbers, mobile GP surgeries, access to well-being therapists and social prescribers. We can also signpost people to specialist services to help with problems in life. Join us for a cup of tea and to connect with support.
Our welfare team provide emergency accommodation advice and help with ID, opening of bank accounts, access to benefits and other services such as medical care and counselling. In-person appointments can be made using the following details:
Welfare team phone: 07549 609427
Welfare team email: email@example.com
OTHER USEFUL SERVICES
Citizens Advice Milton Keynes
Tel: 01908 604475 or visit Acorn House, 361 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP.
Milton Keynes Council
provides an emergency service to help those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Their homelessness prevention team can be contacted on 01908 253481 (or 01908 226699 emergency out of hours).
Contact via www.mkstorehouse.org.
YMCA Milton Keynes
Tel: 01908 295600;
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340