Volunteer Code of Conduct
For a safe and pleasant environment for everyone the WNSMK asks all its volunteers to:
- Please inform the relevant Team Leader as soon as possible if for any reason you are unable to attend your shift.
- Report any problems or concerns to the relevant Team Leader in the first instance as soon as they arise, or alternatively to a member of the Operations Team.
- Refrain from the consumption of any alcohol or other intoxicating substances prior to a shift.
- Treat other people’s beliefs, religious faiths and political views with respect.
- Respect the confidentiality of information about guests and fellow volunteers at all times (unless there is a serious safeguarding issue to be referred according to the terms of our Safeguarding Policy).
- Dress appropriately at all times, kitchen team ensuring that you have closed toe footwear and hair tied back.
- Refrain from pursuing relationships of a romantic or intimate nature with any guest.
- Treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
- Refrain from giving or receiving personal gifts (goods or money). If you are concerned about a specific need that a guest has, please speak to the Welfare Manager.
- Please don’t give out any personal details to a guest, including your address, personal phone number or social media account.
- Please don’t take photographs of the guests.
- Abide by any safety procedures in place, including precautions related to Covid-19, which will be in place as a matter of law and government guidance.
Thank you for partnering with us to support the homeless in Milton Keynes.
Charity Reference No: 1149480
Registered Company No: 08232340
Registered office: The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH