Volunteer Code of Conduct
For a safe and pleasant environment for everyone the WNSMK asks all its volunteers to:
- Please inform the relevant Team Leader as soon as possible if for any reason you are unable to attend your shift.
- Report any problems or concerns to the relevant Team Leader in the first instance as soon as they arise, or alternatively to a member of the Operations Team.
- Refrain from the consumption of any alcohol or other intoxicating substances prior to a shift.
- Treat other people’s beliefs, religious faiths and political views with respect.
- Respect the confidentiality of information about guests and fellow volunteers at all times (unless there is a serious safeguarding issue to be referred according to the terms of our Safeguarding Policy).
- Dress appropriately and modestly at all times.
- Refrain from pursuing relationships of a romantic or intimate nature with any guest.
- Refrain from giving or receiving personal gifts (goods or money). If you are concerned about a specific need that a guest has, please speak to the Welfare Manager.
- Abide by any safety procedures in place, including precautions related to Covid-19, which will be in place as a matter of law and government guidance.
Thank you for partnering with us to support the homeless in Milton Keynes.
Reception café and base for daytime support services:
Unity Park Station (formerly The Old Bus Station), 401 Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR.
The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
Charity Reference No. 1149480
Registered Company No. 08232340